There are many different ways a patient can find a clinic in the UK and the process of choosing one can be confusing. Ultimately we think patients should choose a hair transplant clinic based on the following points:
- The licensing and regulation of the clinic and surgeon
- Trust in the surgeon and their experience around managing hair loss not just hair transplantation
- Location. We would always recommend a UK based hair transplant surgery
Try and avoid going through a hair transplant broker company who simply sell you a hair transplant and send you to another clinic. This has many downfalls:
- You don’t know who will be performing your surgery
- You don’t have the chance to meet your surgeon and go through your hair loss history and check whether you are suitable for a hair transplant in the first place
- If you do undergo surgery, because you haven’t created an initial plan for your hair transplant, you may be left with a result you are not happy with
There are many UK hair transplant clinics like The Treatment Rooms London. These clinics, like ours, should be:
- Registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Only employ licensed Doctors and Surgeons who are registered with the General Medical Council (GMC)
There are over 100 UK hair transplant clinics and some may not fulfil the two stipulations above. It is always important to double check the clinic. Feel free to go onto both the CQC and GMC websites to search for the clinic. You can also search for your surgeon using the British Association of Hair Restoration Surgery (BAHRS). This organisation upholds stringent professional and ethical standards, making sure hair transplants are carried out to a high degree of quality and safety. Patients can search surgeons on the BAHRS register of members- choosing those who they think suit their needs.
Click the links below to explore:
- What is a hair transplant?
- Do you have to take Finasteride if you have a hair transplant?
- Should I go to Turkey for my hair transplant?
- What are the problems you have seen with patients going to Turkey for their hair transplant?
- Transgender hair transplants- feminisation of hairlines
- Dr Fernando- Hair Transplant Surgeon
- Love Island Hair Transplants
Feel free to explore each of the topics above by clicking the link. If you were interested in booking a consultation with Dr Fernando or the hair transplant surgeons at The Treatment Rooms London please feel free to contact us today.